We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In a child, all the changes need to be prepared and the birth of a little brother or sister will be a big change for your eldest! The point with the book "I raise my child" Laurence Pernoud.
A progressive announcement
- It is not useful to give too early a place for the baby to be born, at least not before it has concrete reality. Wait for the pregnancy to be seen, for your belly to bounce, to announce the news, a very happy news that you want to share with your "big". Just tell him, without insisting, that he feels all the affection you feel for him.
- Then you can evoke the next birth according to the circumstances of everyday life, not too often of course. It can be a pregnant teacher, a child of the school or the nursery that has just had a little sister or who will have one soon.
- Other times may also be good to talk about the baby to be born: after a phone conversation where your child has heard you talk about an ultrasound or registration at the maternity ward, or if you're tired, feel nausea, have a mask pregnancy, etc.
- You will adapt to the child's age, sensitivity, understanding of the months to come, and the time it takes. The younger the child, the less he has the notion of time: he does not make any difference between now, tomorrow, soon. Gradually, with the visual or sonic manifestations of the presence of the baby, the prospect of birth will become more and more concrete for the elder: see the belly move under the effect of the baby's movements, hear the beating heart , watch his parents invest more and more in the preparations for the birth ...
Help yourself little books
- Scroll through a book on this topic - you'll be spoiled for choice in a bookstore or media library. Such support facilitates the exchange and allows the child to express more easily what he feels.
Understand his aggression reactions
- The child feels the importance of the event that is getting ready and he can - but not always - show aggression towards his mother ("Mom is mean" "Naughty mom" ...). He can also postpone this aggression on his entourage: comrades, toys, etc. In a moment of tenderness and intimacy, tell him that he was awaited with so much pleasure, look together at photos of this period, you will help him to calm down.
- Your affection, your marks of attention, will show him that he will keep his place in your heart and that of his father.
Discover in bookstore the new edition of "I raise my child"